Maduro & Curiel’s Bank N.V. as a leading financial institution operating in Curaçao, Aruba, Bonaire and the Windward Islands has a vacancy in their Risk & Compliance Department in Bonaire for a:
Legal, Risk & Compliance Officer
- Assisting the Manager Risk & Compliance with all tasks related to Legal, Risk & Compliance areas;
- Handling of Legal, Risk and Compliance correspondence;
- Provides onsite legal support and advice to Management and all departments of the Bank;
- Reviewing and analyzing draft of mortgage deeds provided by the Notary for approval;
- Handling legal issues and problems in matters of consequence for the Bank and its clients;
- Conduct legal research;
- Providing support in managing the Bank’s Compliance Program;
- Ensure that the Bank is compliant at all times with applicable laws and regulations;
- Handling of the development of new internal Legal and Compliance related policies and procedures;
- Handling of legal matters in law suits in which lawyers or legal counsels represents the Bank;
- Assists in identifying, monitoring and mitigating risk throughout the Bank;
- Maintaining proper contact, verbally and written, between the Bank, its clients and relevant regulators.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in law, but preferably Masters in law;
- Preferably at least three (3) years of work experience preferable as legal counsel and/or experience in a legal, risk or compliance position;
- Knowledge and experience of local law and regulations;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to operate relatively independently within the guidelines, policies, directives and established precedence;
- Ability to make sound decisions effectively in absence of Manager;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills in planning, scheduling and the ability to prioritize and deal with the workload to meet deadlines;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and negotiation;
- Ability to communicate and write in the Dutch, Papiamentu and English languages.
Besides the excitement and challenge of a new work environment, we offer growth possibilities and an attractive remuneration package.
If your profile meets the above criteria and you have the necessary experience in this field, we ask you to submit your application letter including your resume in English via e-mail before December 7, 2018 to:
Maduro & Curiel’s Bank (Bonaire) N.V.
Human Resources Department
Attn.: Mrs. Andrea van Slobbe
Phone: +599 715 5557